Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where are you?

Where are you today? I'm somewhere in the mix of a 6-week fitness challenge, being sick and taking care of sick kids. I was going strong for 3-weeks into the challenge-- eating right, lifting heavy at the gym about 4 times a week, and than the 4th of July weekend swoops in with ice cream, smores, BBQ- you know all the good stuff, and then to top it all off our family gets sick. Yep, yucky old upper respiratory infections which lands me in urgent care having a nebulizer treatment (I have asthma).

The first of the week was miserable. Both boys were sick. We even had to miss a birthday party. You know how that goes (tears all around). I had to tell myself it was OK to take a break from the gym. Once I got that into my head; I started to relax a little. I pulled out a Pilates video, and told myself I would mix up my routine until me and the kids felt better. I ate a little more carbs and chicken noodle soup too. My body needed extra energy to fight off the sickness.

So, now it's Wednesday, and I feel a lot better. The kids are on the mend too. I'm glad I didn't push myself with diet and exercise. It was a break that my body needed. We are back in our routine--cleaning, laundry errands, eating clean. Still not pushing myself. I'll be at the gym later this week, but I'll stick with Pilates for now. I'm also doing a .5 mile fun run with Aiden on Saturday.

During our errands today, we went to Michael's to pick out our supplies for our super hero costumes for the Alpha & Omega Super Hero fun run. Aiden is so excited to run in his first race. I am excited to share the experience with him.

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Moms!

I have a quick question about your blog, could you email me please? Thanks!!

Melanie : )

 
At August 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Melanie, Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. You can email me any questions at rawithers@fittrianglemom.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home