Monday, June 3, 2013

Moving forward

Last week I admitted I hit a plateau, but this week I have a plan. Yes, my weight and progress came to a stand-still, but it happens, and you know what you can overcome a plateau. I set-up a session with Kevin, a trainer at my gym. I told him what I was facing and he had some suggestions. He agreed with the idea of working one body area a day plus he gave me an idea of where to find workouts and motivation--Bodybuilding.com. This site is awesome. I joined the free body space program which allows you to enter your stats (age, weight and measurements) and before and after pictures. You can choose your goals, make a plan, meet other members and get encouraged. I found quite a few moms with fantastic success stories. The site offers so much stuff that haven't even figured it all out yet. Using this site, I created my own personal workout routine. My goal is to go to the gym 4-days a week and work a different body area. I will post each routine following my workout. I am going to follow this routine for the whole month of June. I hope to lose 5 lbs and get down to 135 lbs. Not only will I need to train hard, but I will be eating healthier.

Today I did legs and when I left the gym I could barely walk. It was a good feeling. After my workout, I ate a protein bar and drank an amino acid supplement drink Advocare Spark. I also want to give a special thanks to Karen and Keith for fine tuning my workout today to help me maximize my results.

Legs with Rachel 
(40-45 seconds between sets)
5-minute warm-up on the stationary bike
3 sets of 15 weighted (15 lb dumbbells) plie' squats
3 sets of 15 sumo deadlifts (60 lbs)
3 sets of 15 hamstring curls (75 lbs)
3 sets of 15 hip abductors (130 lbs)
3 sets of 15 seated squats (90 lbs)
1 set of lunges on a bosu ball
2 sets of 20 crunches
finished with stretching


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home