Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Super Heroes and little boys

Since I started running last year, my 4-year-old son Aiden has been begging to let him run with me. He's a pretty fit little guy, but 3.1 miles might just be a little far for him. Until my friend Cary invited me to run the Alpha & Omega race on Saturday July 13 at Wake Med Soccer Park. I'm currently not training for a race (weight lifting right now), but I noticed on the registration page a 1/2 mile fun run. Aiden would love it, I thought to myself, and as I continued to read about the race I discovered the theme is Super Heroes. Awesome! Aiden loves super heroes plus they are encouraging participants to dress up.

I told Aiden all about it. He's super excited. Now we need to narrow down our super hero. We are still deciding between Batman, Super Man or Spider Man or whatever costume supplies I find at the store. I'm quite excited too. I get to share my passion for fitness and running with my son. Did I mention that the Alpha & Omega race supports the Hope for Belize mission trip. If you're interested in running as well visit Alpha & Omega to sign up today, and we'll see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home