Friday, June 21, 2013

Where Do You Find Strength?



    


I've been pondering the meaning of strength this week. What does it really mean? Is it just being strong like bench pressing or lifting heavy weights or is it the inner power of choosing fruit over fries. These ideas were ever present this week as I began the COR 6-Week challenge by increasing my lifting while cutting out my favorite fattening foods. Strength...

Not only was my fitness life challenged this week, but the other hats I wear received some low blows. I wondered if I had the strength to get through the day. Misbehaving children, bad news at the dentist and vacation plans altered is quite a doozy for a mark-your-calendar kinda girl like me. Life happens and once again where do you find the strength.

It didn't hit me until tonight when I was rocking my youngest son before bed. I began to sing him a song. "You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all." Strength is the opposite of being weak, and there are times when I am weak. Just like when I push myself at the gym or when I just need a good cry; I am seeking strength. I guess that is why Philippians 4:13 is my favorite Bible verse. '"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." That's right, I can't do it alone. Life is a doozy, and I need to lean on someone bigger. It's God, and that's what strength means to me.

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2014 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Mom's Small Victories said...

Great verse and I'm sorry you had such bad blows all at once. Thanks for inspiring others to get fit and find their faith in the difficult moments in their lives. I appreciate you co-hosting another full Small Victories Sunday linkup this week!

 
At March 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for having me co-host. I've been learning so much. I wrote this post last year. It was a hard time, but my faith and family pulled me through.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home