Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Life of a Soccer Mom

So it begins..the life of a soccer mom. My four-year-old son has his first outdoor soccer practice today. I'm actually really excited. I've been looking forward to this since I learned I was having a boy during the ultrasound. I know you're thinking about the shuttling between practices and games, making snacks, and everything in between. You know it doesn't bother me. You see, soccer is my sport. I played the game on and off since the 2nd grade, but the glory days began in the 5th grade when my family lived in Massachusetts. Our team was unstoppable; we were an all girls team that could really kick butt. We traveled throughout all the towns in Essex County leaving the other teams in the dust. We won the championship that year. I got a gold medal and team jacket to prove it. It was a good time, and now I hope I can pass the ball to my son. I'm not one of those moms who pushes their kids into something they like. A has been learning the skills of soccer for two years at Netsports Lil' Kickers. He loves the game just like me. So today the cleats will meet the grass for the first time, and I'll be cheering for my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home