Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When the kids are sick...

I rely heavily on the child care at my gym, but when the kids are sick we stay home. Croupy coughs, never ending runny noses, fevers and vomiting. If my kids exhibit these symptoms, we stay home, and I hope that other parents are as conscientious to sickness as me. Staying inside with sick kids can be rough, but double that with a mama that hasn't had her daily workout, it can become torture. The best way to remedy the situation is to have some mainstay exercises to increase your heart rate and relive stress. I usually start with doing 4 sets of 25 jumping jacks mixed in with 2-3 sets of  15-20 sit-ups, push-ups and jack knife crunches. After that I do 2, 2 minute planks, 2 minutes each of high knees, butt kickers and squats. You can also find some great workouts on Pinterest or visit crossfitmamas.com . If you have a some free weights, a kettle ball and a yoga ball, you can add some additional exercises into the mix. I hope your kids stay healthy and you can resume your regular workout routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home