Monday, February 18, 2013

At Home workout

Coughing kids? No problem. I still got in a sweat-drenched workout this morning. However, I did miss the camaraderie of working out with other adults rather than a toddler crawling on me while in plank position, I got my workout in followed by a refreshing protein shake. Here's how I did it. I keep my yoga mat and free weights in my closet and get them out when I'm ready.

I started with the cross-fit exercises found in the March 2013 edition of Fitness magazine. 20 reps- dumbbell swing, 2 sets of 3 reps of the Turkish get-up, 10 reps of the power deck squat (really got the heart pumping), 10 reps of the inchworm to grasshopper followed by 10 reps of the handstand push-up. You can watch a video of this crossfit circuit at fitnessmagazine.com/crossfit. After the crossfit circuit, I focused on my abs with 2 sets of 10 reps of inverted crunches, Pilate V 100, bicycle, lower leg lift, and then finished with a 2 minute plank and stretching.

It was a good 20 minute workout, but it will be nice to hit the gym tomorrow and get some running in the mix.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home