Monday, November 25, 2013

It Can Be Done.

 

Yes, it can be done. What you may ask? Exercising without the gym. Last week, my gym was closed for remodeling, and I was left with my 2-year-old son wondering what to do. My gym Fitness 19 Cary offers childcare; the ladies that watch my son are so great that I'm hesitant to leave him with anyone else. I didn't visit another gym plus I didn't want to waste my time touring another gym that I wasn't planning on joining. So, it was back to the drawing board.

My goal was to workout 3 days last week. On Monday, I tried Stroller Strides with a friend. Stroller Strides offers a great alternative to the gym and since your child is in a stroller, childcare is included. See Thinking Outside the Gym for my complete review about Stroller Strides.

Tuesday and Wednesday were booked with doctor appointments and Bible Study. So by Thursday, I needed my workout fix. I pulled out my stand-by, Denise Austin Pilates DVD. I laid out a mat and recruited my 5-year-old son. It was a good ab workout, but my 2-year-old interrupted us so many times I wasn't sure I could count it as a workout. It reminded me of why I joined the gym in the first place-- no-interruptions.

On Friday, I was determined to get a sweaty and intense workout. It was pleasant enough outside, so I was able to occupy my 2-year-old with riding his trike while I constructed my own boot camp style workout.

Here's a breakdown of what I did:

4 sets of the following:
25- Jumping Jacks
1- sprint from either side of the cul-de-sac
15-push-ups
24-walking lunges
10-high knees
2- burpees

After completing 4 sets of this invigorating workout, I jumped rope for about 10 minutes.

So, yes it can be done. It's not my preferred method of exercising. I love lifting weights and running, but if get stuck without the gym, at least I know I have a back-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home