Wednesday, September 25, 2013

So You Think You Can Write part II



As I promised, I want you to meet Heidi Blankenship. She's a local mom of 3 boys, a blogger and an inspiring published author. Raised in Alaska and recently transplanted in the South, Heidi blogs about her family life and the journey of publishing her book.  You can learn more about Heidi at HeidiMcCahan.com. Heidi's currently writing a romance novel for Harlequin's "So You Think You Can Write "contest. I invite you to read her submission "Love Finds You in Tokyo" and make a comment. Writers need readers and their feedback.

I'm still piecing together my story "Love on the Run," but I'm going to need your help. My heroine has a best friend, but she doesn't have a name. Can you help me name her? Just leave a comment below with your idea for a name. I'll pick the winning name on Friday. Thanks for your help.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Heidi McCahan said...

Do you ever read the most popular baby names for the year your character was born? I could spend hours doing that. Do you want something super modern like Addison or Payton or Taylor? Or do you prefer more traditional names: Melissa, Jennifer, etc. What do you like your characters to be called by other characters? I always have to test out a couple of nicknames before I settle on the main one. That's my two cents. :-)

 
At September 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Heidi for your comment. I like your suggestion to use the popular baby names. I will try that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home