Friday, October 11, 2013

A Rainy Day Inspiration

 
It's been raining all week, and the kids have been sick for most of it. My gym schedule hasn't gone as planned. So when I went back yesterday, I wasn't sure if I should work my legs or arms, so I did a little of both and talked a little too much. You can't help but talk when you've cooped up with the kids since Monday. Especially, adult conversation. You know politics, events around town, corn-hole tournaments. Did you know that some people don't know what corn-hole is? It's easy to explain it is another name for bean bag toss, but it's hard to forget that look they give you when they think you're speaking prison lingo.

The rain is bringing me down. It's cold too. I'm wearing a sweater today. I jokingly tell people that I run on sunshine, and it's true. So how I do get through on these rainy, cold weeks? Besides hot coffee, pumpkin spice lattes, and Amino Energy drinks; an inspirational story perks me up.

picture by: Paula Fahey Rahill
 

I was scrolling through my Facebook feed, and I found her. I found Katie. The girl that lived up the street and played Barbie's with my younger sister. Katie's not the young, childhood friend I remember. She's a strong confident woman running a marathon. I clicked on the link that took me to Katie's blog-- Hobo Mom. I read about her humble appreciation of everyone who helped her get to the finish line. I love how running makes a wonderful analogy to life, and if anyone makes that point any stronger, it's Katie. Did I mention she's a single mom and mompreneur.

So, I encourage you to read Katie's blog. She'll make you cry, laugh and laugh some more. It's the perfect pick-me-up on this rainy, cold week. I don't know when the sun will come back out, but I do know you might get a smile on your face and some extra running motivation after reading Hobo Mom.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home