Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Keeping Your Sanity and Femininity in a House of Boys

Disclaimer- I love my boys and being a boy-mom, but Mama is a girl.


I couldn't take it anymore. I had enough. It was another rainy Saturday, and my hubby was sick in bed. That thing they say about when men get sick; it's all true. My two young boys were bouncing off the walls, and I was wracking my brain thinking of what to do. We ended up attending a Super Hero day at the bookstore and then dinner and playtime at McDonald's. Later that night, I was scrolling through Facebook and looking at what my friends did on this soggy day. About half of them went to the live performance of "The Little Mermaid" and the other half got pedicures with their little princesses. 

I am the only female in my house. Even our dog is a boy. I knew I wasn't the only mom struggling to keep her sanity and femininity in a male dominated house. I remembered the research paper I wrote in high school about breaking through the glass ceiling, and I realized my predicament took the whole glass ceiling theory to another level. More like baseballs breaking my glass chandelier. 

Found this at The Purple Polka Dot

Anyway, what's a mom in a boy-filled world supposed to do? Well, I made a list of all the girly, pretty, and relaxing feminine activities and things I enjoy. In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be sharing with you my girly-girl favorite things plus talking with other moms. Stay tuned to read about beautiful jewelry, manicures, pretty dresses, retail therapy and give-a-ways! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 26, 2014 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Sprinklemonkey said...

Thank you for joining in at #ThrowbackThursdaylinkup

 
At October 27, 2014 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Sprinklemonkey for stopping by. :)

 
At October 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

I so know what you mean! And I am all up for your ideas. I'm not a manicure/pedicure girl but I assert my femininity in my clothes and a bright pink purse. Much to my dismay, I did not consider the attraction the color would have to bees. They keep flying into it and checking it out! Thanks for sharing with #ThrowbackThursdayLinkup!

 
At October 30, 2014 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Tanya, Thanks for sharing your femininity tips. I love pink and shopping for clothes. Thanks for commenting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home