Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer Break, Sorta.


It feels like forever since my last post, and I feel like I do a million things everyday except writing. The kids are out of school, and we stay busy all day, everyday.  I like it that way, I like to keep busy, and the kids like to have fun. School begins in July (year-round school), and my oldest will start kindergarten. So we are packing in the fun. We are going to museums, the pool, parks and the library. We've been exploring our town and taking pictures of new fun spots. I've started posts about the places we've found, but our busyness has left them dangling.



My exercising and training has been kicked into high gear with a 5k right around the corner. I've sworn off sweets and wine, and drastically cut back on carbs. Yea, I've been eating clean. I go to the gym at least 3-days a week and workout at home on my non-gym days. I have found some great resources to keep me motivated.


  • The Tone It Up Bikini Series offers free videos & print outs, encouragement and prizes for check-ins.
  • The 30-day squat challenge
  • The 400/month burpee challenge my gym, Fitness 19 is doing. It's about 14 burpees a day
  • Running 2-3 miles a couple times a week
I also took a fun kickboxing class at Excel Fitness and did one-on-one kickboxing with a trainer at my gym. Mixing up your workouts make it fun too.


Not only am I physically training for this race, but I am the team captain. I have been coordinating team members, sponsors and the team t-shirt. I'm super excited about the race. I love how Susan G. Komen makes this race a celebration for survivors and a memorial for the fighters.

I hope to have some down time after the race, Father's Day and vacations, then maybe I can finish writing about our museum trip. So here's to a busy summer of fun. May you stay active, eat healthy and have FUN!




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home