Sunday, April 27, 2014

An Honest Post about Weight Gain


I confess. I have gained some weight. I have a lot of excuses. It was a long winter, the kids are stressing me out, the kids are sick, it's my birthday, I deserve cake, and I could go on. I'm stopping with the excuses, and I'm coming clean. It's hard to admit you've gained weight, but I have learned that accountability is the key to fitness and health success. I've come up with a plan, and I need your help.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks or less. Less being the key word.

I have the Fitness Pal app on my phone. You can friend me @FitTriangleMom and follow along. I'll be eating and drinking 1600 calories a day.

Things that have worked before:
Green tea in the afternoons. It fills me up and gives me energy.
More fruits and vegetables in my diet.
Exercise at least 4x a week.
Small workouts on off days- jump rope, walking, etc.
Accountability: I'm going to share my workouts with you.



New ideas:
Mix-up my workouts. I'm going to try a kick-boxing class taught by my friend Trish at Excel Body Fitness. You can join me. Text code: XBFITNESS to 95577 to get a Free Week Pass coupon sent directly to your phone. They have childcare too.

I've also joined the Tone It Up Bikini Series 8-week challenge.

I'm most excited about my new FitBit. It should arrive in the mail any day now. I'm going to sync it to my Fitness Pal app and other fitness apps.

Do you have any ideas? What has worked for you? Your tips will encourage me and others as we begin this weight loss journey.

Are you ready? Let's Go! I know we can do it!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

Thanks for sharing with #smallvictoriessundaylinky as always Rachel. Good luck with your goals. I have gained weight too lately. I go through a weight loss/gain cycle everytime I get my infusion for my RA. Easter REALLY did not help because I made yummy sweets and then our company canceled and I just couldn't let it go to waste or give it away.

 
At May 9, 2014 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Tonya. I feel like I'm getting back on track. I've been running more and trying to cut sweets out of my diet.

 
At May 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Jen said...

I''m also blogging about my journey to better health. I've got a long way to go - WAY more than 10 lbs. I'm not able to exercise a lot right now because of osteoarthritis in my hip and general aches and pains. I've recently made a drastic change in my diet (for the better) and I have to figure out ways to incorporate more movement without hurting myself. I'm looking forward to following along and seeing your progress!

 
At May 31, 2014 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Jen for sharing your journey. I love exercising, but I really get side tracked with treats. I'm learning to choose healthy snacks over the junk. Good luck in your weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home