Saturday, March 22, 2014

First Things First...Small Victories Sunday

small victories sunday linky 12 250x250



Welcome to our Small Victories Sunday Linky!

I enjoyed reading all the amazing posts from last weeks linky that I am co-hosting the Small Victories Sunday linky again with Tanya from Mom's Small Victories. The Small Victories Sunday Linky is a way to share the small victories you celebrated with other readers this week. Whether it's a fabulous book you read, a recipe your family loved, a home organizing project that you completed, a goal you accomplished, or an awesome old or new blog post you wrote, Small Victories Sunday is the chance to share positive, uplifting and inspiring posts.

Follow our Hosts:

                                   Mom's Small Victoriesfit triangle mom button


Ways you can follow me: Facebook


Ways you can follow Tanya at Mom's Small Victories: Subscribe / Facebook / Google + / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter


This Week's Featured Blogger:
small victories sunday linky featured blogger 200x200 I'm happy to announce, my Featured Blogger for this week is Creative K Kids- Thoughtful Thursdays. Creative K Kids was the second most viewed post from last week's linky. I particularly liked her "A Convicting Thought from Another Blog" section. She measures our First world problems against true hate and fear that is faced in other countries. Makes you thankful for what you have and vigilant to pray for those who are in danger.


Feel free to grab the Featured Blogger button for your blog and share your good news! Be sure to visit Tanya to see which blogger she featured whose post earned the most views this week.

My Weekly Recap 


So many firsts happened this week. It began with co-hosting my first blog linky, Small Victories Sunday. I chose the best one to begin my blog linky career. All the posts I read were well-written, informative, inspiring and encouraging. There is so much talent shared within this linky. If you're new to this linky, please take the time to read other posts and share them with others.


Then we celebrated the first day of spring. A crazy ice and wintry mix try to crash our party, but the buds kept on blooming, and the sun revealed itself again. After school, I treated the boys to CiCi's pizza for lunch and Rita's Ice for dessert. We enjoyed the free ice at Rita's. The Starburst cherry flavor was our favorite.



We concluded our week with the first soccer practice of the season. My 5-year-old son was so excited to get back outside on the field. It had been a whole year since he had played outside. He needed new cleats, shin guards and shorts. I have fun going to practices and games too. Soccer was my sport growing up, and I love watching him enjoy it as well.

My Victories


  • Went to the gym 2x this week (had some set-backs icy weather & car trouble)
  • Tried a few new exercises that I found at The Perfect Workout
  • Finally had my hair done-highlights (my current stylist has been away with a sick parent). Tried someone new and love my new do. (if you're local, I can message you her info). If you're a blonde, you know how important this is.
  • Blogged about Fitness on a Budget
Next Week's Goals
  • My 13th wedding anniversary is on Monday. I am planning on surprising my husband with the Scandalous Strawberry cake that was posted on last week's linky. Strawberry cakes are my husband's favorite.
  • Go to the gym at least 3x (please no more ice)!
  • Write more in my book


Now It's Your Turn to Share Your Favorite Posts and Small Victories!

small victories sunday
Linky Rules:

    • Follow Tanya and I so you stay informed of Small Victories Sunday updates and posts shared throughout the week.
    • Grab the Small Victories Sunday button and place it in your sidebar, linky page or the post you are linking up.
    • Share up to 3 of your favorite family-friendly blog posts you want to share. Enter your link below and let's celebrate our small victories together!
    • Visit as many of the other participants as you can and cheer them on. Please visit at least 2 others for every link you enter.
    • By linking up, you are giving Tanya and I permission to share your post on my social media pages to let others know of your awesomeness too!
    • By linking up, you are giving Tanya permission to email you notifications when the linky is open. You can unsubscribe to emails at any time.
    • Spread the word! The more you share about the linky, the more visitors you will get to your content too.
    • Stop by our Small Victories Sunday Linky Board on Pinterest and like and repin the posts to your boards.
    • Need inspiration? Click here for Small Victories writing prompts, but the sky is the limit.
    • Interested in Co-hosting? Send Tanya an email at tanya{at}momssmallvictories{dot}com.








Linking this post up with these other fabulous linkies too:

weekend cooking
SundayPost
spreadthelovelinkypartybookjourneyMommy-Monday-Blog-Hop-150x150mpm-chalkboard



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 23, 2014 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Wanda (A Book Lover's Retreat) said...

Hi Rachel! Thank so much for Co-Hosting this week's Small Victories Linky Party! :)

I'm following you on Facebook & Google + :)

Wanda @ A Book Lover's Retreat

 
At March 23, 2014 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Creative K Kids said...

Thanks so much for featuring that post! I thought the piece I quoted was so well written . . . all praise should go to her! I had heard about what those Christians were facing, but had not thought that deeply about it until I stumbled across her post. I am enjoying writing those posts, even though they don't bring a lot of traffic. They make me think during the week and write about important things. Congrats on co-hosting your first linky party! I am so glad that I have gotten to know Tanya! If you ever want to co-host a social media party, I'm always getting co-hosts for my 2nd blog The Ultimate Linky!

 
At March 25, 2014 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Wanda. I enjoy co-hosting. It's inspiring and informative. I'll be following back.

 
At March 25, 2014 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your welcome, Tammy. I encourage you to keep posting you're faith based posts. Your post was actually the 2nd most visited link within the linky. We had over 60 posts last week. I'm trying to incorporate more faith based posts into my blog. Fitness is my theme, but my faith is my core.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home