Saturday, March 15, 2014

Inspired: Small Victories Sunday

small victories sunday linky 11 250x250

Welcome to our Small Victories Sunday Linky!

This week, I am co-hosting the Small Victories Sunday linky with Tanya from Mom's Small Victories. The Small Victories Sunday Linky is a way to share the small victories you celebrated with other readers this week. Whether it's a fabulous book you read, a recipe your family loved, a home organizing project that you completed, a goal you accomplished, or an awesome old or new blog post you wrote, Small Victories Sunday is the chance to share positive, uplifting and inspiring posts.

Follow our Hosts:

Mom's Small Victoriesfit triangle mom button


Follow Rachel at FitTriangleMom: Facebook


Follow Tanya at Mom's Small Victories: Subscribe / Facebook / Google + / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter


This Week's Featured Blogger:
small victories sunday linky featured blogger 200x200

I'm happy to announce, my Featured Blogger for this week is Love Food, Will Share. Cooking is not one of my strong suits, so I was drawn to this post about an easy slow-cooker bbq beef recipe. The step-by-step directions and pictures will help the not-so much cooks ace this recipe. I'm excited to try making the bbq beef and surprising my meat and potatoes husband with a dinner worth eating, maybe even savoring.



Feel free to grab the Featured Blogger button for your blog and share your good news! Be sure to visit Tanya to see which blogger she featured and whose post earned the most views this week.


My Weekly Recap:



I had a busy and tiring week. My husband was in Vancouver for work and my boys and I missed him terribly. I am thankful he doesn't travel often, but when he does it's tough. I think I heard "Daddy is better" and "I love Daddy more" about 100 times. I don't want to knock my sons' love for their Daddy, but it can get annoying. Anyway, I found creative activities to keep my Daddy boys busy and accompanied, and by the end of the week I got a big hug and an affirmation that "I love you and Daddy the same."






Fun Activities

  • Fed the ducks at Bond Park in Cary
  • Went to the Dollar Tree. Each boy got to pick 2 items. A got bubbles and mini pool set and L got a frog balloon and police helmet.
  • Had dinner at Firehouse Subs on Wednesday (Did you know that 2 kids can eat free with a paying adult  plus the boys enjoyed getting fire hats).

My Accomplishments

  • Went to the gym 4-days this week. Found new workouts on Instagram @the_perfectworkout that left me sore!
  • Spoke with 3 potential fitness and women's health providers about partnering with FitTriangleMom.
  • Prepped clothing and decor to consign for the Designer Consignors consignment sale. 
  • Volunteered with my son's preschool's walk-a-thon
  • Found added inspiration for my book


Thankful

  • So thankful my husband came home safely from his trip.
  • Very Thankful for warm, sunny days (I'm a flip-flop girl).
  • Thankful for God's love and the 3 cute guys He put in my life.



Now It's Your Turn to Share Your Favorite Posts and Small Victories!

small victories sunday
Linky Rules:

    • Follow Tanya and I so you stay informed of Small Victories Sunday updates and posts shared throughout the week.
    • Grab the Small Victories Sunday button and place it in your sidebar, linky page or the post you are linking up.
    • Share up to 3 of your favorite family-friendly blog posts you want to share. Enter your link below and let's celebrate our small victories together!
    • Visit as many of the other participants as you can and cheer them on. Please visit at least 2 others for every link you enter.
    • By linking up, you are giving Tanya and I permission to share your post on my social media pages to let others know of your awesomeness too!
    • By linking up, you are giving Tanya permission to email you notifications when the linky is open. You can unsubscribe to emails at any time.
    • Spread the word! The more you share about the linky, the more visitors you will get to your content too.
    • Stop by our Small Victories Sunday Linky Board on Pinterest and like and repin the posts to your boards.
    • Need inspiration? Click here for Small Victories writing prompts, but the sky is the limit.
    • Interested in Co-hosting? Send Tanya an email at tanya{at}momssmallvictories{dot}com.





Linking this post up with these other fabulous linkies too:

weekend cooking
SundayPost
spreadthelovelinkypartybookjourneyMommy-Monday-Blog-Hop-150x150mpm-chalkboard

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 15, 2014 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

Oh goodness, I hear 100 times a day the boys love their daddy more too! Daddy is definitely the fun one in our house whereas I am the one trying to get them to bathe, eat and clean up! :)

I love your recap and how exciting to get 3 partnership opportunities and work on your book! Thanks for cohosting #SmallVictoriesSunday this week, it's going to be great!

 
At March 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you can relate, Tonya. My son asked me why I care so much about cleaning. I told him if I didn't then who would? He didn't have an answer. Feel honored to co-host and meet other inspirational bloggers!

 
At March 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

Glad you are enjoying the linky and meeting other bloggers!

 
At March 18, 2014 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Simply D Constructed said...

Whoa, you had me at Firehouse Subs! I had no idea that kids eat free! I love their subs so much...

I'm going to stop back by and check out all of the link-ups! I'm adding this link-up to my calendar.

 
At March 26, 2014 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks. I love co-hosting and reading all these encouraging posts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home