Friday, February 21, 2014

Wishful Thinking

It has been a looooong winter. I don't know how to explain to you how long it has been other than adding some extra "o's" to the word. It's been cold. It has snowed at least twice. Schools have been closed for at least 7 days this school year not to mention numerous delays. Kids are going to school on Saturdays to make-up the hours missed. (I feel like I need to add a disclaimer here. I live in North Carolina. I'm a Southern girl. I'm not used to cold other than an occasional ski trip.) Yes, it has been a long winter.

So when the craft stores put their Spring decor on the shelves; I was ready. Now granted, I'm usually the first to complain about stores selling Christmas decor before Halloween, but like I said it's been a long winter. I'm ready for Spring and pink and bunnies and flip-flops, OK I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but you know what I mean.

I racked up this Christmas at AC Moore with everything Melissa & Doug for the kids, so I was happy when I accumulated enough points for a $10 gift card to the store. Gift card in hand and Spring on my mind, I ventured inside the store to gather the pieces for an Easter wreath. Easter is in April this year, the 20th to be exact. Wishful thinking, you might say, and I'm like anything to get winter over with.



I picked out a lovely garland wreath, basic wide pink ribbon and a cute bunny. During my youngest son's naptime, my older son and I put it all together. We weaved the ribbon around the wreath and nestled the bunny's stick between the twigs. It's beautiful and colorful! I am so proud of it that I have already hung it on my front door.




I'm probably the only one in my neighborhood with an Easter wreath on my door, but I'm welcoming Spring with open arms, doors, whatever. Just come on Spring, hurry fast.


4 Comments:

At February 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Farah Jasmine said...

That's cute!! <3 I think we're all just so ready for winter to be over that we're willing to do anything. My husband bought me tulips on Friday in hopes of Spring!

 
At February 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sara, That is so sweet. The day after we made the wreath, my son asked if we could decorate eggs. I think it might be a little early for that.

 
At February 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

That's such a lovely, happy wreath. I didn't know you could earn gift cards at AC Moore for frequent purchases. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for sharing with the Small Victories Sunday linky this week!

 
At February 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Tanya. Become a rewards member at AC Moore, and you earn points towards gift certificates.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home