Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fit Triangle Mom- Understanding the Journey


I've been writing Fit Triangle Mom for nearly 2 years now, and sometimes I ask myself What do I want this blog to accomplish? What is the goal? Is it more followers? Yes, that would be nice. Is it more income? That would be great! Yet, I still wonder if Fit Triangle Mom could be more. I always come back to the name of the blog, Fit Triangle Mom. Three words, each with separate meanings, combined to create one extraordinary individual- A Mom who lives in the Triangle and pursues a Fit and healthy lifestyle.



Fit Triangle Mom might be the name of my blog, but anyone who fits the criteria above is a Fit Triangle Mom. It's not about going to the gym everyday; it's about finding balance between the challenges of being a mom and fitness. It's about activities or travel with the kids or family. It's about living in the Triangle- shopping, going out to eat, and the many wonderful events our area offers.




Fit Triangle Mom is a glimpse into my journey of fitness, family and faith. I'll share the books I'm reading, the scripture that touched my heart, the cute thing my kid said, or a new exercise I'm learning. I'm not an expert. I'm just a mom and writer, and I want to share my experiences with you.




Fit Triangle Mom supports local businesses especially those located in the Triangle and throughout NC. I enjoy reviewing places of business, shops, restaurants and hotels that cater to a Fit Triangle Mom. Occasionally, I will review national products that are beneficial as well, but the heart of this blog is North Carolina.



Fit Triangle Mom is about helping others. Each year, I have organized a team with the Susan G. Komen race. This past year, I partnered with Vend Raleigh. We had a team t-shirt, partnered with local businesses, and raised some money. It was a wonderful experience.

Finally, Fit Triangle Mom is about you. What concerns you as mom? What type of posts, products and reviews would you like to see? Motherhood is a journey that shouldn't be taken alone. Fit Triangle Mom wants to understand your journey. Please comment below.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At September 29, 2014 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Mama.Mommy.Mom. said...

Finding the balance is SO hard! I often feel bad about the time I spend working out (not that it's much) when I could be doing something with my kids.

 
At September 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Laura said...

The balance I need is fitting the workouts into my schedule. I let writing, chores, kids, and everything else constantly get in the way.

 
At September 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM , Blogger MrsTee said...

I love how you said it's not always about the gym. Balance is definitely something I need to find because no matter how much I work out if I'm still eating the same it won't matter.

 
At September 29, 2014 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I feel like it's more of balancing act sometimes. I give myself one hour everyday to workout. It not only makes me stronger, but it puts me in a better mood. I'm a nicer mommy after a workout. Plus I'm better at playing with the kids.

 
At September 29, 2014 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I'm always thinking about my next post throughout the day or when I'm going for a run, but I just take it each day. My goal is 3-4 gym workouts a week.

 
At September 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Eating healthy is an important factor in weight loss and keeping fit, something I have to remind myself. (I love doughnuts). :)

 
At September 30, 2014 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Lauren @ Bless'er House said...

I've been terrible about finding balance here lately. I think since it had been so hot all summer though I always talked myself out of going for a run. Now that the weather is cooling down, I have no excuse. :) We're getting to that weird stage in our house where my daughter is getting a bit big for the jogging stroller but not big enough to really run with me. I'd love to see a post addressing that sort of issue. How do you combat that?

 
At September 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lauren, I am just getting to the point where I can run alone (my youngest started preschool). My son outgrew his stroller, so I resorted to running on the treadmill at the gym. Great idea for a post. I'm going to add that to my list. :)

 
At October 1, 2014 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Leigh Powell Hines said...

I love N.C., too.

 
At October 2, 2014 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love reading your blog, Leigh. You always find the nicest places to stay and dine at in NC.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home