Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Mompreneur- Amy Brooks

Brooks Boutique






Have you ever searched for a particular item and couldn't find it in the store or it cost too much? That's the dilemma busy mom of three, Amy Brooks faced. "When I had my first child, I wasn't able to find cute boutique items that I liked and also that I could afford," said Brooks. "So, I decided to try to make them myself." She received many compliments and many people asked her "where did you get that?". She started Brooks Boutique six years ago selling whimsical, fun and funky gifts. You can find a colorful assortment of bibs, hair accessories, retractable ID badge holders, pacifier clips and key chains at her Etsy shop.


Brooks has her hands full taking care of her two girls and one boy, all under the age of six and one is less than a year-old. However, she finds time to her to do her crafting and business managing while the kids are a sleep. "So, mainly at night," Brooks said. "I try not to work on weekends so I can spend time with the family and hubs--he is so supportive."

 Brooks encourages inspiring momprenuers to "stick it out". "It takes a while (a couple of years) to really get started and steady," Brooks said. "Also, love what you do." Brooks apparently loves what she does; you can see the love that she puts into each of her products. You can see more of Brooks products at Brooks Boutique. Make a purchase in the month of March and you can receive 10% off your purchase when you enter "momspackedpurse" on the checkout screen.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home